At MotoSport Plus, we inspire and fulfill dreams through Honda motorcycle experiences. Thank-you for your interest in joining our team!
Kingston Harley-Davidson | MotoSport Plus is currently hiring a Parts and Accessory Associate with a can-do attitude! Position is full-time. This is a fast paced environment with constant interaction with customers (in person and over the phone) as well as other departments.
- Looking up parts using computerized parts diagrams for internal and external inquiries.
- Taking pride in workspace by keeping selling floor and parts department neat, organized and stocked.
- Greeting customer and providing customer service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensuring customer inquires are responded back to in a timely manner.
- Being current with training provided.
- Operating cash register including processing of payment for purchases as well as exchanges and refunds.
- Demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of parts and accessories.
- Working with other departments
- Willing to follow our company's COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Must work well as a team player as well as independently.
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Possess skills to develop relationships with current and prospective customers in an outstanding customer service fashion.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to challenging and changing situations.
- Willing to adhere to a flexible work schedule, which includes weekends and special events.
- Riding and product knowledge is an asset.
- Retail experience is a must.
Only qualified candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
- Plastic Shield at work stations.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place.
Looking to start a new high energy exciting career? Kingston Harley-Davidson | MotoSport Plus is looking for highly skilled individuals, with strong skills in customer service. We inspire and fulfill dreams through Harley-Davidson and Honda motorcycling experiences and YOU CAN BE A PART OF IT!
Service Department Operations and responsibilities :
- Perform a visual walk-around inspection to diagnose customer concerns accurately and clearly describe them on a repair order. Obtain customer signature, the permission to complete repairs.
- Schedule all internal and external Repair Orders following established procedures.
- Promptly input Repair Orders into DEALER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM, ensuring customer name, telephone number, and address are accurate.
- Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the Repair Order. Listen to the customer and don’t assume anything.
- Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
- Assign jobs to Technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
- Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
- Determine correct part numbers on Repair Orders and assist the Parts Department with picking and posting of parts on all Repair Orders.
- Review Repair Orders for the sales department to determine if all parts and accessories are available for the scheduled workday.
- Assist in preparation of Warranty Claims, Recalls for submission to Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Honda Inc. as well as Extended Warranty Companies.
- Check all customer motorcycles for pending Warranty recalls.
- Perform cashier functions, as required.
- Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
- Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal Repair Orders.
- Become familiar and efficient with the computer system(s) for the Service Consultant position.
- Responsible for following Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Honda Inc. Warranty Certification guidelines.
- Attend monthly service meetings.
- Read, understand and follow all safety requirements when using tools and chemicals and performing work in the shop.
To be qualified for this great opportunity you will need:
- Ability to work under pressure
- To be able to work effectively on a team •2+ years of experience within the service department of a motor vehicle dealership
- Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication & customer service skills.
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson and Honda motorcycles, and other products sold by the retailer, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge & experience with computers.
- Ability and enjoyment in communicating with customers
- Familiarity with Windows based computer software
- Passion for the Harley-Davidson and Honda brand
- Experience with the service of Harley-Davidson and Honda motorcycles preferred but not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: According to the experience. To be discussed
Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motorcycles, ATV's and power equipment as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Key Result Areas:
Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, motorcycle service to (internal & external) customers. o Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments from Service Consultant / Manager.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Assist Service Consultant, when requested, with writing up repair orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Consultant / Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Maintain technical qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Keep customers’ motorcycle cleaner that when it was dropped off.
• Other Duties
- As Assigned
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behaviour for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
- Focus on quality.
- Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience
- Current motorcycle license.
- Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 40 lb. of material.
- Frequently requires the ability to balance and push an 800 lb. motorcycle. Working Conditions
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motorcycle Service Department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.